OPTIVE PLUS™ UD has a unique triple-action formula that provides long lasting comfort.
OPTIVE PLUS™ UD lubricates the surface of the eye and moisturises the ocular surface cells by restoring osmotic balance plus protecting your natural tears with a lipid enhancement. It is categorized as a second line medium viscosity eyedrop.
OPTIVE PLUS™ UD is used for the treatment of lipid deficient dry eye. The triple action formulation provides symptomatic relief by preventing tear evaporation.
OPTIVE PLUS™ UD has a unique triple action formulation to provide symptomatic relief by preventing tear evaporation and restoring the osmotic balance of the eye in lipid deficiency dry eye resulting in:
- Comfort with less blur
- Ocular surface hydration
- Restoration of the tear film integrity
- Protection of the ocular surface
- Osmoprotection of the epithelial cells
OPTIVE PLUS™ UD combines a LIPID, CMC and osmoprotectants that:
Lipid based tears:
- Helps soothe the symptoms
- Replaces the deficient lipid
Carboxymethylcellulose (CMC) Based Tears:
- Provides comfort and lubrication
- Long retention time
Osmoprotection Based Tears:
- Provides surface hydration
- Protects against hyperosmotic stress
- Restores osmotic balance
Instill one or two drops of OPTIVE PLUS™ UD in the affected eye(s) as needed. When being used for postoperative care it is important to following the advised given by the prescribing eyecare practitioner.
Tilt your head back, look upwards, and pull down your lower eyelid to create a small gap.
Twist off the end of the vial and hold upside down and allow each drop to fall into the eye. Avoid touching the surface of the eyeball or the eyelids with the applicator tip. Use one or two drops per eye as needed.
Close the eye for two or three seconds to help spread OPTIVE PLUS™ UD evenly over the surface of the eye.
OPTIVE PLUS™ UD is supplied in unit dose vials containing 0,4ml.
Each ml contains:
- Sodium carboxymethylcellulose 0,5 %
- Glycerine 1,0 %
- Castor oil 0,25 %
- Polysorbate 80 0,5 %
- PRESERVATIVE FREE .
- Do not use if allergic to any of the ingredients
- Do not swallow solution
- To avoid contamination or possible eye injury, do not touch vial tip on any surface, and avoid direct contact with the eye
- Do not use after expiry date marked on the product
- Keep out of the reach of children
- Store at room temperature
- Do not use if the unit dose vial is damaged
- Do not use if solution changes colour
- Allow 5 minutes between the administrations of ophthalmic products
- Use vial once and discard
Higher viscosity OPTIVE® GEL DROPS are a great add-on treatment with the use of OPTIVE PLUS™ UD, providing long-lasting relief during the day and at night.
OPTIVE PLUS™ Eye Drops and OPTIVE PLUS™ Unit Dose Eye Drops. Contains carboxymethylcellulose sodium 5 mg/ml, glycerine 10 mg/ml, castor oil 2,5 mg/ml and polysorbate 80 5 mg/ml, OPTIVE® Gel Drops. Contains carboxymethylcellulose sodium 10 mg/ml and glycerine 9 mg/ml. For full prescribing information refer to the Instructions for use. Allergan Pharmaceuticals (Pty) Ltd, PO Box 6024, Halfway House, 1685, South Africa (Co. Reg. no. 1984/005576/07) Telephone: +27 (0) 11 545 6600, Facsimile: +27 (0) 11 315 6008. www.allergan.co.za © 2018. ®/™ Registered Trademark/Trademark of Allergan, Inc.ZA/0104/2018c
- Allergan South Africa
- Allergan Australia
- Optive UK
- DEWS. Definition and Classifications Subcommittee. Ocul Surf. 2007;5(2):75-92.
- Abelson MB. Code red: the key features of hyperemia. RevOphthalmol. Published April 22, 2010. (Accessed 28 August, 2014).
- Kent C. Managing and making sense of MGD. RevOphthalmology. Published October 4, 2012. (August, 2014).