Allergan OPTIVE FUSION™ is a dual-polymer synergy uniquely formulated to provide comfortable protection to maintain a healthy tear film and relieve aqueous deficient dry eye.
The two most sought-after polymers in eye care can now be found in one soothing single-drop formula.
Only OPTIVE FUSION™ brings you the properties of Carboxymethylcellulose (CMC) plus Hyaluronic Acid (HA) to lubricate, protect and restore a healthy tear film for instant relief of aqueous deficient dry eye.
OPTIVE FUSION™ is compatible with contact lenses and can be used for up to three months before discarding.
Introducing innovative technology in combining HA, CMC and Osmoprotectants into one drop.1-5
- Comfort with less blur
- Ocular surface hydration
- Restores tear film integrity
- Protection of the ocular surface
- Osmoprotection of the epithelial cells
OPTIVE FUSION™ delivers relief of the symptoms of DED(dry eye disease) by its power of 3:1
Hyaluronic Acid (HA) based tears: 2,3
- Soothes the symptoms of DED
- Enhances Water Retention
Carboxymethylcellulose (CMC) Based Tears: 3,4
- Stabilises the tearfilm by providing comfort and lubrication to the tearfilm
- Improves ocular surface integrity
- Long Retention time
Osmoprotectants Based Tears: 3,5
- Helps protect the surface of your eyes by providing hydration
- Protects against hyperosmotic stress
- Restores osmotic balance
Place one or two drops of OPTIVE FUSION™ in the affected eye(s) as needed.
Tilt your head back, look upwards, and pull down your lower eyelid to create a small gap.
Hold the bottle upside down and allow each drop to fall into the eye. Avoid touching the surface of the eyeball or the eyelids with the applicator tip. Use one or two drops per eye as needed.
Close the eye for two or three seconds to help spread OPTIVE FUSION™ evenly over the surface of the eye.
OPTIVE FUSION™ is supplied in plastic bottles containing 10ml
Each ml contains:
- Sodium hyaluronate 0.1%
- Sodium carboxymethylcellulose 0,5 %
- Glycerine 0,9 %
- PURITE® 0,01%
- Do not use if allergic to any of the ingredients
- Do not swallow solution
- To avoid contamination or possible eye injury, do not touch bottle tip on any surface, and avoid direct contact with the eye
- Close the bottle tightly immediately after use
- Discard any remaining solution 3 months after opening
- Do not use after expiry date marked on the product
- Keep out of the reach of children
- Store at room temperature
- Do not use the bottle if the tamper-proof seal on the bottle neck is broken before you first use it
- Do not use if solution changes colour
- Allow 5 minutes between the administrations of ophthalmic product
Higher viscosity OPTIVE® GEL DROPS are a great add-on treatment with the use of OPTIVE FUSION™, providing long-lasting relief during the day and at night.
OPTIVE FUSION™ Eye Drops and OPTIVE FUSION™ Unit Dose Eye Drops. Contains sodium hyaluronate 1 mg/ml, carboxymethylcellulose sodium 5 mg/ml and glycerine 9 mg/ml. OPTIVE® Gel Drops. Contains carboxymethylcellulose sodium 10 mg/ml and glycerine 9 mg/ml. For full prescribing information refer to the Instructions for use. Allergan Pharmaceuticals (Pty) Ltd, PO Box 6024, Halfway House, 1685, South Africa (Co. Reg. no. 1984/005576/07) Telephone: +27 (0) 11 545 6600, Facsimile: +27 (0) 11 315 6008. www.allergan.co.za © 2018. ®/™ Registered Trademark/Trademark of Allergan, Inc. ZA/0104/2018
- Allergan OPTIVE FUSION™ labelling, 2017. App: Section 5. 1. Jones L et al. Ocul Surf 2017, 15: 575-628
- Simmons P et al. Clin Ophthalmol. 2015 ;15(9) : 665–675
- TFOS DEWS II management and therapy report. The Ocular Surface. 2017;15(3): 575–628
- Sanchez MA et al. Cornea. 2010;29(2): 167–171
- Baudouin C et al. Ocul Surg. 2013;11: 246–248