OPTIVE OMEGA ™ UD is a unique combination formula containing linseed oil (a source of Omega-3) for rapid and long- lasting relief of lipid deficient Dry Eye symptoms.1,2. OPTIVE OMEGA™ UD helps protect against tear evaporation by providing lubrication and moisture to the surface of the eye, supporting tear film stability.1
OPTIVE OMEGA™ UD enables hydration and maintains the volume of cells on the ocular surface by restoring osmotic balance and protecting your natural tears with a lipid enhancement.1,3
Preservative-free, convenient single-use vials.
No shaking required prior to use.4
Introducing innovative technology in combining Linseed oil (a source of Omega-3), CMC and Osmoprotectants into one drop. OPTIVE OMEGA™ UD provides rapid and long-lasting relief of symptoms associated with lipid-deficient Dry Eye Disease. 1,2
Castor and Linseed oils:3-5
- Stabilizes the lipid layer
- Protects natural tears
- Anti-inflammatory effect in DED
- Improved comfort
- Effective lubrication
- Stays on the eye longer
- Provides hydration
- Protects against hyperosmotic stress
- Restores osmotic balance
To apply the eye drops, first wash your hands, then twist the top off the unit dose vial. Place 1 or 2 drops of OPTIVE OMEGA™ UD in the affected eye(s) as needed.
Tilt your head back, look upwards, and pull down your lower eyelid to create a small gap.
Twist off the end of the vial and hold upside down and allow each drop to fall into the eye. Avoid touching the surface of the eyeball or the eyelids with the applicator tip. Use one or two drops per eye as needed.
Close the eye for two or three seconds to help spread OPTIVE OMEGA™ UD evenly over the surface of the eye.
- Do not use if allergic to any of the ingredients
- Do not swallow solution
- To avoid contamination or possible eye injury, do not touch vial tip on any surface, and avoid direct contact with the eye
- Do not use after expiry date marked on the product
- Keep out of the reach of children
- Store at room temperature
- Allow 5 minutes between the administrations of ophthalmic product
- Do not use the unit dose vial or product packaging is damaged
- Do not use if solution changes colour
- Keep away from sunlight
- Use vial once and discard
High viscosity OPTIVE® GEL DROPS are a great add-on treatment with the use of OPTIVE OMEGA™ UD, providing long-lasting relief during the day and at night.
OPTIVE OMEGA™ Unit Dose Eye Drops. Contains carboxymethylcellulose sodium 5 mg/ml, glycerine 10 mg/ml, polysorbate 80 5 mg/ml, linseed oil and castor oil. OPTIVE PLUS™ Eye Drops. Contains carboxymethylcellulose sodium 5 mg/ml, glycerine 10 mg/ml, castor oil 2,5 mg/ml and polysorbate 80 5 mg/ml. OPTIVE FUSION™ Eye Drops. Contains sodium hyaluronate 1 mg/ml, carboxymethylcellulose sodium 5 mg/ml and glycerine 9 mg/ml. OPTIVE® Lubricant Eye Gel Drops. Contains carboxymethylcellulose sodium 10 mg/ml and glycerine 9 mg/ml. For full prescribing information refer to the Instructions for use. Allergan Pharmaceuticals (Pty) Ltd, PO Box 6024, Halfway House, 1685, South Africa (Co. Reg. no. 1984/005576/07) Telephone: +27 (0) 11 545 6600, Facsimile: +27 (0) 11 315 6008. www.allergan.co.za © 2021. ®/TM Registered Trademark/Trademark of Allergan, Inc. Date of preparation: June 2021. SA-OPT-2150062
- OPTIVE OMEGA™ UD DFU.
- Fogt JS, et al. Clin Ophthalmol 2019;13:2553-2561.
- Downie LE, et al. Ocul Surf 2020;18:148-157
- Beard BJ, et al. Abstract 115550, Presented at Am Acad Omptometry. 2011
- Rashid S, et al. Arch Ophthalmol 2008;126(2):219-225
- White CJ, et al. Contact Lens & Anterior Eye 2014;37:81-91.
- Garret Q, et al. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 2007;48:1559-1567.
- Monaco G, et al. Eur J Ophthalmol 2011;21(3):243-250
- Foulks GN. Drugs Aging 2008;25(2):105-118
- Mager WH, Siderius M. FEMS Yeast Research 2002;2:251-257
- Yancey PH. J Exp Biol 2005;208:2819-2830